Find here All You need to know about Questbridge Scholarship Requirements.
Table of Contents
Questbridge Scholarship Requirements
Questbridge Scholarship Requirements w.r.t Class Year
To qualify in the fall of 2021, candidates must complete high school during or before the summer of 2022 and expect to register in college as a freshman in the fall of 2022. In this respect the candidates can apply to the National College Match.
Questbridge Scholarship Requirements w.r.t Citizenship
The National College Match is open to all U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents, or individuals who attend high schools in America, irrespective of their citizenship. Students residing outside the USA are not eligible for Questbridge Scholarship.
International students who attend high school in the U.S. should, nevertheless, examine the additional citizenship requirements in order to discover which QuestBridge college partners consider them to apply for the matching grant.
Questbridge Scholarship Requirements w.r.t Academic Qualifications
Questbridge is looking for students with a degree of accomplishment that meets or transcends the criteria of our universities for admission. The following are based on profiles of previous endorsers and do not include stringent restrictions:
- In the top 5% or 10% of their class.
- They mainly earned A in the most stringent possible classes.
- High Standardized test Scores (if taken). SAT score >1260 and ACT composite score >27. Please note, test results are not necessary and around 50% of QuestBridge candidates did not have test results in the last year.
- The students who have not been tested can still be picked as finalists; however they must guarantee that they fulfill the standard test standards for each college partner they are interested in. The student must thus be examined as a complete candidate.
- Proof of great writing skills, intellectual brilliance and dedication.
Financial Requirements for Questbridge Scholarship
Typically, finalists are families with less than $65,000 yearly and have minimum assets for a common family of four. This is not a rigid cut-off and we encourage students who have suffered major financial difficulty to carefully evaluate these financial requirements to determine whether they can qualify.
In each student’s application, QuestBridge will examine the financial details in length. Students selected as finalist must provide formal paperwork directly to the institutions to which they apply, as well as proving their financial condition.
All sources of household income are taken into account, including, but not limited to Business income, Rental income, farm income, salaries, wages, and tips, Interest and dividend income, Alimony
Child support received, Retirement distributions e.t.c
All assets held by the family are taken into consideration, including Cash and savings, Home ownership, Investments, Business or farm ownership and Additional properties.
Students with divorced or separated parents have to declare their non-custodial parent’s income and assets, since this information is taken into account in the financial needs determination by our school partners. The sole exception is when for a long length of time the student has had no contact with the non-custodial parent.
Taken into account individual family conditions, including:
- The number of family income supporters
- The number of university students (undergraduate only)
- Unemployment or other household revenue fluctuations
- Free or low price lunch eligibility
- Other financial responsibilities that are not discretionary such as expensive medical costs.
In assessing applications, Questbridge also take consideration of the following aspects.
- 76 per cent of finalist students belong to the first generation of their families to attend a four-year college in the United States.
- Home or family duties such as part-time work for payments or care for siblings when parents are gone or at work may be part of activities.
- Leadership positions and achievements in extracurricular and other activities.
- Character strength and drive for success.
In order to apply for Questbridge Scholarship click here.
Thanks for visiting INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS.